Thursday, January 28, 2016

Getting To My Roots.

If I had the decision to travel anywhere I the world, I'd definitely go to Mexico since both of my parents came from there but different parts. My mom is from a small town called Buenavista in Guerrero. My dad on the other hand came from the city & both came from definitely two different lifestyles. My mom grew up to become the queen of her small town, which is one of the reasons I'd want to visit her small town because I'd wanna know where she was when she had that memory. My dad grew up with many step brothers and sisters but he always mentioned these huge lake where'd they all sneak off to go swim in. "The water feels so refreshing, that it clears you mind from all the problems around you" my dad once said to me. He told me many stories of how my aunt and uncles would always be the one trying to hold him back from jumping the top rock into the lake, but in the ne they'd all just end up doing it as well. Just thinking about the experience they had makes me just wanna get up and go and feel that water against me. Buenavista is surrounded by mountains, or large bodies of land. My mom too said there was a huge waterfall by her house and that her siblings and her would go there to shower since many of them back then didn't have water to actually shower. My uncles had a large role that they once had used to climb to the other side of the house to an abandoned  house roof where'd they forget their problems and come up with solutions to them. In the end they needed up tying the rope to a tree close to the waterfall and would hold on and drop into the large body of water. Hearing all those exciting and adventurous stories makes me really wanna see and know what my parents once felt, and make me feel like we'd have a stronger bond. So that's why Mexico out of all the places in the world would be where I would go.

No comments:

Post a Comment